± 100ml oil
2 onions, chopped
5 pieces stick cinnamon
8 cardamom pods
8 whole cloves
2 Tbsp ground coriander
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 level Tbsp turmeric
1 Tbsp crushed chillies / chilli powder (to taste)
1 Tbsp garlic and ginger paste
50g tomato paste
500g chicken fillets, cubed
Salt (± 1½ tsp) (to taste)
½ cup water
3 tins butter beans
- Braise onions, stick cinnamon, cardamom and cloves in the oil until golden brown.
- Add the rest of the spices and garlic and ginger paste. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and add chicken fillets and salt.
- Add water, stir and cook on medium heat for ± 10 minutes.
- Add butter beans and cook for ± 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.