1 kg minced chicken / beef / lamb
1 large onion, finely diced.
3 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
± 1½ tsp salt (to taste)
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground ginger
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup breadcrumbs
- Blend all ingredients together and allow to rest for ± an hour for flavours to develop. Make golf- ball sized kebabs and pan fry lightly in shallow oil. Set aside
2-3 Tbsp oil
2 medium onions (finely chopped)
1 Tbsp garlic and ginger paste
2 heaped Tbsp Spice Mecca Butter Chicken Makhani Masala
1 cup (250ml) Bulgarian yoghurt
½ cup (125ml) fresh cream
½ cup (125ml) coconut milk
½ tin (200g) tomato puree
½ cup water
- Braise the onion in oil until golden brown.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and Spice Mecca Butter Chicken Makhani Masala. Braise for 2-3 minutes.
- Add yoghurt, cream, coconut milk, tomato puree and water. Cook until sauce thickens. Add salt.
- Dish half of the sauce out of the pot.
- Layer the kebabs in the pot and cover with extra sauce.
- Cook on medium heat for ± 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander.