2 level Tbsp (30ml) ground cumin
2 level Tbsp (30ml) paprika
1½ level Tbsp (20ml) turmeric
1 ½ Tbsp ground coriander
8 whole cloves
8 whole cardamom pods
1-2 tsp crushed peppercorns
1kg beef goulash or strips
4 onions, diced
1 Tbsp garlic & ginger paste.
1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
50g Tomato paste
1 cup (250ml) water
1 bunch fresh coriander – chopped
Wraps to serve
Finely sliced strips of spring onion, carrots & cucumber.
- In a heavy based pan, melt the butter and fry all the spices, salt & pepper for 2 minutes
- Add the tomato paste & fry for 2 minutes.
- Add beef, stir well to coat
- Add onions, garlic & ginger, tomatoes & water.
- Simmer +- 1 hour until tender.
- Remove from heat & cool slightly before stirring in the fresh coriander.
- Serve in wraps garnished with the spring onions, carrots & cucumber.
Optional: before closing the wrap, drizzle over some greek yoghurt